Theresa London, LCSW
Pronouns - She/her/hers
Location - Elizabeth / Parker / Teletherapy
Theresa treats individuals ages 12+ adults and the aging population.
UBH/Optum/United, (CO Access) Medicaid, Aetna, Medicare, Tricare, Cofinity/DHMP, Anthem BCBS, (CCHA) Medicaid, (CHP+) Medicaid, Pinnacol Assurance, (RMHP) Medicaid, United/Optum EAP, Evernorth (formerly known as Cigna) EAP, BrightHealth, Evernorth (formerly known as Cigna), (Health Colorado Inc.) Medicaid, (Northeast Health Partners) Medicaid, Beacon Health/HMO/Kaiser
Theresa currently treats a variety of mental and behavioral concerns including anxiety disorders, depression, trauma, grief, and others. She facilitates adolescent self-esteem groups, women’s wellness and divorce recovery groups. While Theresa’s counseling orientation is tailored to each individual’s need and clinical appropriateness, her orientation is acceptance commitment therapy, solution-focused therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy and equine-Assisted psychotherapy (among others).
Theresa supervises pre-licensed therapists towards their licensure and trained intern therapists.
- Adults 18+
- Adolescents 10-12
- Seniors 65+
- Teens 13+
- Life Transitions
- Caregiver Support
- Anger Management
- Divorce/ High Conflict Family
- Child Behavior Problems
- Addictions/Substance Abuse
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Art Therapy
- Brief/Solution Focused Therapy
Past Work Experience
- Skilled outpatient community mental health therapist
- Treated a wide range of mental and behavioral health issues
- Individuals, families, children, adolescents, couples and groups
- Group facilitation (anxiety/depression, women’s wellness, teen self-esteem and substance abuse)
- Anxiety, depression, trauma and many types of grief
- Women’s wellness
- Equine-assisted psychotherapy (mental health partnering with horses)-Metaphors for life
- Acudetox (auricular acupuncture)- promotes relaxation, can reduce depression symptoms
- Brain Synchronization Therapy (BST)-bilateral stimulation assists with processing trauma
Education & Licensure
Theresa is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Colorado (CSW09924302). She obtained her Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in social work from Metropolitan University of Denver. She was licensed while working full-time in a community mental health setting.