Lisa Eckles, LPCC
Pronouns - She/her/hers
Location - Parker
Lisa sees a variety of clients including children, adults, and families. Lisa believes counseling is a partnership between therapist and client and she uses a trauma-informed, person-centered therapeutic lens healing, and growth.
(RMHP) Medicaid, (CCHA) Medicaid, Aetna, Evernorth (formerly known as Cigna), Cofinity/DHMP, (Health Colorado Inc.) Medicaid, (Northeast Health Partners) Medicaid
Lisa Eckles works with children, adults, families, and groups with a variety of mental health challenges. As a professional counselor with emphases in trauma and addiction, Lisa is concerned with treatment and prevention of psychological concerns and distress. She uses a trauma-informed, person-centered therapeutic lens to provide safety and promote empowerment, healing, and growth. Her therapeutic approach includes integrating appropriate evidence- based treatments with client goals to create a holistic treatment plan tailored for each individual. Lisa combines eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, solution-focused therapy, strengths-based therapy, and mindfulness techniques in her practice. Her therapeutic objective is to help clients heal through an understanding of their issues and support them in securing the tools and resources that will promote healthy development and coping through all stages of life. She is currently pursuing hours toward licensure and supervised by Kacy Behrend, LAC, LPC (LPC#13833).
- Adults 21+
- Adults 18+
- Children 3-5
- Children 5+
- Adolescents 10-12
- Teens 13+
- Seniors 65+
- Addictions/Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Child Behavior Problems
- Anger Management
- Life Transitions
- Chronic Illness/Pain
- Sexual Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Caregiver Support
- Personality Disorder
- Divorce/ High Conflict Family
- Parent/Child Reunification
- Crisis Management
- Existential Issues
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Art Therapy
- Brief/Solution Focused Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
Past Work Experience
- Inpatient therapist in an acute crisis psychiatric hospital (Denver Springs) working on all units with all populations and mental health and substance
issues, including groups, individuals, and families.
- Inpatient therapist in a youth crisis facility (Jefferson Hills) working with children ages 9-18 with varied mental health and substance abuse issues,
including groups, individuals, and families.
- EMDR therapist in an actue crisis psychiatric hospital (Denver Springs).
- CASA - working to support and unify children and families.
Education & Licensure
- Lisa is a Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC.0018907).
- Lisa earned her Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Antioch University, New England.
- Lisa received a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Cal Poly Pomona, Pomona, California.
- Lisa is trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).