Joanne Roberts, LMFT
Pronouns - She/her/hers
Location - Aurora / Teletherapy
Joanne is a Marriage and Family Therapist specializing in children, adults, couples, individuals, step-families and adoptive families. She utilizes family therapy system, with a strength based approach to working with clients. Joanne believes that creating a therapuetic relationship based on mutual trust and respect is essential to establishing a safe, non-judgmental environment that will facilitate our work together.
(CO Access) Medicaid, , (CCHA) Medicaid, Tricare, UBH/Optum/United, Aetna, Pinnacol Assurance, (CHP+) Medicaid, United/Optum EAP, Evernorth (formerly known as Cigna), Evernorth (formerly known as Cigna) EAP, BrightHealth, (RMHP) Medicaid, (Health Colorado Inc.) Medicaid, (Northeast Health Partners) Medicaid, Beacon Health/HMO/Kaiser, Friday Health
I grew up in Oakland, California and attended San Jose State University, San Jose, California. I graduated with a B.A. in Sociology and later moved to Rawlins, Wyoming as a VISTA Volunteer. While living in Wyoming I was later employed with Union Pacific Railroad as a Crew Caller for three years. I transferred with Union Pacific to Denver, Colorado to work with the railroad for one more year. I was offered a Caseworker position with the Adams County Department of Social Services. This gave me the opportunity to work with a diverse population that needed supportive services.
I really enjoyed working with children and families and decided to start (part-time) to obtain a master's degree in Agency Counseling from the University of Colorado-Denver. I was a single parent at the time, continuing to work at social services and attend classes at night. Throughout this time I became even more interested in learning more about families and the many ways they function. I especially enjoy learning about families from various cultural backgrounds.
I utilize Trauma-Informed Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy with a Strength-Based approach, Family Systems Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Psycho-educational materials, and Comunity Resources to support clients to reach their goals in life. I have a strong belief in everyone's ability to find their own personal gifts that will support them moving forwards towards healing and fulfilling life.
- Children 3-5
- Children 5+
- Adolescents 10-12
- Seniors 65+
- Addictions/Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Caregiver Support
- Child Behavior Problems
- Existential Issues
- Parent/Child Reunification
- Life Transitions
- Sexual Abuse
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Brief/Solution Focused Therapy
Past Work Experience
- Lutheran Family Services, Denver, Colorado
- Jefferson County Department of Human Services. Golden, Colorado
- Community College of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- Private Practice, Adoption and Foster Care Contracts for Home Studies
- Mental Health Corporation of Denver Child and Adolescent Therapist
- Adams County Department of Social Services, Caseworker, Foster Care and Adoption Commerce, Colorado
Education & Licensure
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado LMFT #638
- University of Colorado-Denver, Denver, Colorado. M.A Agency Counseling